Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Happy Father's Day

In the last year I was able to finally forgive the man that helped change my life forever. I have heard others refer to him as just a sperm donor. He was never just a sperm donor. He was my first love and my best friend. We were inseparable when we were together. Our relationship had its ups and downs, mostly downs but we always remained friends. Until the day he told me that I was on my own and that our unborn child was no longer his problem. I never hated him. I couldn't blame him. I wanted to run but I couldn't. I realize now that the best gift he could ever give me was to leave us. Where would we be if he had stayed? I know we never would have stayed together. That wasn't in the cards. My birth son has an amazing family. I have an amazing husband and son. I have an amazing extended family. I recently contacted him through an email to thank him for walking away. I wanted him to know I could never hate him. He helped me gain a family that I couldn't imagine my life without. I hope that in the future he will reach out to his birth son. I hope he finds his happiness in life. I still hold him in a very special place in my heart. I always will. He helped create a child who has grown to become an amazing young man. A young man that I know has a bright future ahead of him filled with love. I send a special Father's Day wish out to Brian. I hope you are in love and know that you helped create a life that will make a difference. We are always connected through that child. Thank you for being a part of my life. Thank you for giving me the gift of our birth son and his family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment