Thursday, August 13, 2015

I Chose Life

This is not a political statement. This was my choice.

18 years ago I found myself in an unplanned pregnancy. My boyfriend and I at the time decided abortion was the best choice for us. We went to Planned Parenthood to have the abortion done. After they did my ultrasound I was told they couldn't help us. We went home together and sat in silence. He held me as I cried. I was lost. We had only told my brother about my pregnancy. We sat and talked about what we were going to do. At first he wanted us to parent, I was unsure. I knew in my heart that we would never last. I loved this man with all my heart but I knew he wasn't the one for me. On my birthday he announced that he was leaving us. We were no longer his problem. That helped me make the hardest decision of my life. I hold no hard feelings for him. I still love him because he helped create the most amazing young man. On September 1st, I moved home to live with my parents and we discussed adoption. I wanted to know this boy I was carrying inside me. 18 years ago, I chose open adoption. I have been blessed with an amazing extended family who have raised my birth son to be an amazing young man. I believe in giving all the facts and choices. I don't believe that any of the choices are easier than the others. Every option has its pros and cons. Do your research. Put in the time and the effort. 

No comments:

Post a Comment